Feb. 17--Open House for Prospective Students
Feb. 20--Applications for the 2015-16 School Year Due
What is the application process for Early College?
Students interested in applying to Early College must:Take the Accuplacer/CPT:
CPT or Accuplacer is a college readiness test that all students who
apply to Forsyth Tech must take in order to qualify for college transfer
- Demonstrate grade-level proficiency on End of Course (EOC) and End of Grade (EOG) tests
the College Placement Test and demonstrate readiness for college-level
work (Reading Comprehension Passing Score: 80 Sentence Skills Passing
- Have an acceptable school attendance and discipline history
- Complete an application and submit an academic transcript.
- Grades will be reviewed to determine ability to succeed in college level coursework
- Be interviewed by a selection committee.
- Submit three recommendations, one each from a:
- School counselor
- Teacher and
- Community representative (not a relative).
What information do students need to submit as part of the Early College application process?
Early College Application
3. Transcripts from grades 6, 7,
4. Attendance Profile
Standardized Test and EOG test scores, percentile, and level
7. Accuplacer/CPT through Forsyth Tech
[You can obtain this information from your child's middle school counselor.]