2021 Awards Day/Graduation Information
Disclaimer: This current plan and information is subject to change with NC Regulation. This includes times and dates, numbers of invited guests, and/or change of ceremony format.
We will update you as we receive information.
- April 30th at 9:00am on SECHS campus, set up outside. Rain info TBD. You are strongly encouraged to participate.
- Dress to impress. Professional, dressy, etc. You are processing in and you are being honored; you may possibly receive an award (or two). Even if you don’t think you will get an award, you will be recognized individually for your achievements as a graduate.
- You will not need your cap or gown.
- Masks are required, and you will be screened (temperature check, COVID questions).
- Be on campus by 8:30am. Park in the student lot and walk to the picnic shelter. Ms. Guiles will have donuts.
- Parents and guests are allowed to attend, but they will be screened and need to bring their own chairs (camping, outdoor seats, etc). The event will be livestreamed on our school Facebook page and available online after as well for anyone who cannot attend.
- Central Park in King 4/30/21 from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Dress comfortably. We will be running through the ceremony a few times outdoors.
- You will not walk if you do not attend practice.
- It would be a good idea to bring a camping chair/blanket to mark where you will be sitting (not required). The chairs will not be set up until the day of graduation, so you will either stand or sit in the grass if you don’t have a chair when we run through the ceremony.
- Dinner should be provided after practice. More info later.
- Central Park in King on 5/1/21 at 10:00am. Be there by 9:00am to be screened and take your place in line.
- This event will be ticketed. You are allowed ten tickets to invite guests, and those will be given to you at Graduation Practice. They will be required to wear a mask and be screened to enter the graduation area. They must have a ticket to enter. Seating will be provided and is first come, first serve.
- Proper dress code: Dressy outfit, skirt, dress, etc. that should not be seen beneath the length of your graduation gown. Dressy shoes, sandals, or wedges. You are not advised to wear heels because you are walking through the grass. OR Button-down shirt and black or khaki slacks. Dress shoes (No sneakers/tennis shoes)
- Decorated caps are suggested but not required. School appropriate. Ask Ms. Guiles if you have a question.
- You will not receive your diploma if all your fees are not paid or waived by this date or if you have courses pending to meet graduation requirements.