Parent Observer in Canvas
It is possible for parents to be able to login and follow their student's work in Canvas. To begin, you will need to request or receive a parent pairing code for Canvas from your student. For information on how students can generate pairing codes for parents, click here.
Once you have your pairing code, you go to this link:
Click on the link at the top of the page that states:
Fill out the form with your email and create a password.
Make sure to enter to enter the student pairing code given to you by your child's teacher.
You should be paired with your student's Canvas page and can follow their work. For more information, click one of the links below:
- Generating a pairing code as a student: How do I generate a pairing code as a student?
- Account Creation (Canvas Parent app - Android): How do I create an account in the Canvas Parent app on my Android device?
- Account Creation (Canvas Parent app - iOS): How do I create an account in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device?
- Account Creation (Web): How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a parent?
- How do I generate a pairing code for an observer as a student?.
- User Settings (Web): How do I link a student to my user account as an observer?
- Pairing Codes FAQs